• Powerful softlight without the need for diffusion - without the traditional shortcomings (multiple shadows, uncomfortable intensity) of conventional LED panels
• The Factor light is ready to go for both photo and video right out of the box - no extra diffusion or accessories to add
• AC adapter locks into V Lock battery mount, or attach optional V lock battery optional for totally wireless operation
• Draws a maximum of 200 watts, so can connect to any household electrical circuit. Durable all-metal construction, ready for studio and location work
• Rear backlit LCD displays percentage of light output, color temperature, remaining battery level, and DMX channel information
• Optional Honeycomb Grid to concentrate light's beam angle to 90 degrees. Also available: Creative Masks for catchlight and reflective effects
• Limited 2-Year Manufacturer Warranty
The FACTOR Jupiter24 light is a powerful bi-color LED light panel; you get ~6,600lx at full daylight, with no hotspots, no multiple shadows, all in a sturdy light that's perfect for in-studio shoots or full-scale location productions. It's perfect for shooting both photo and video. You get full control over the brightness and color temperature, and you can run it on any household current or use a V-lock style battery.
The FACTOR is the next step in the evolution of the LED panel for photographers, filmmakers and broadcasters. We know because we’ve been working on specialty lighting for a while, including our award-winning LED-200WA and FlapJack LED Edgelights. With the FACTOR Jupiter24, we are combining powerful output with our solutions for two of the main problems of conventional bi-color LED panels.
When you shoot with a regular LED light panel, you've probably noticed that the light output is often harsh. All of those LEDs mean lots of nasty micro-shadows, and an unflattering cast on faces. The FACTOR Jupiter24 light, however, features LED chip technology and a built-in diffuser. The LED chips are set deep into the body of the light instead of being right up against the diffuser - this approach softens the light output without sacrificing power. There are no hotspots, no multiple shadows.
The other significant problem with conventional bi-color LED panels is that "bicolor" means half power - a 500 LED bi-color light panel gives off the same amount of light as a 250 LED full daylight panel. The FACTOR Jupiter24 difference is that the light features accurate and powerful LED chips instead of bulbs. The tungsten LED chips are tucked in between the daylight LED chips. This compact and efficient design means that we can offer dual color performance & flexibility without the power loss of a conventional bi-color LED panel.
Speaking of power: the FACTOR Jupiter24 outputs ~6,600 lumens at full daylight and ~5,400 lux at tungsten color temperature. You can run the FACTOR Jupiter24 on AC power using the included adapter. The maximum draw is 200 watts, so you can run it off of any regular household outlet. You can also run the FACTOR Jupiter24 for about 1.3hrs with a Sony V-lock battery thanks to the integrated V-lock battery plate. The rear panel displays brightness level, color temperature, and this is also where you set your DMX data channel.
Back to Highlights
• 3200-5600k±300 Tungsten / Daylight Color
• 10-100% Power Dimmer Dial
• Color Rendering Index ≥96
• 200w Maximum Power Draw
• DC 24V 4-Pin XLR Power Input
• DMX 3-Pin Remote Connection
||FACTOR Jupiter12 (VR-1200 ASVL) Bi-Color Dimmable LED Light
||Tungsten ~3200k (±300)
Daylight ~5600k (±300)
||3200k - 5,400 lm
5600k - 6,600 lm
|EV100 @ 1m2
||3200k - 10.6 Δ EV
5600k - 10.9 Δ EV
||120° Wide Beam
|Illumination Panel Dimension
||23.6 in (60 cm)
||24.8 in (63 cm)
||Mounting Yoke for 5/8" Light Stand Stud
||Sony V-mount battery plate
|Battery Run Time3
||100% Power ~ 1.3 hr
||21.8 lbs (9.9 kg)
1Measured using Uprtek Spectrometer @ 1m distance
2Incident Exposure Reading ~ ISO100 1/60 f/1 (Sekonic L-358 @ 1m)
3Battery run time is approximate and based on 130Wh V-Mount Batteries. There are many variables that may affect run time including ambient temperature, age of battery, etc.