• Split focusing screens are the best choice to achieve accurate focusing for manual focus lenses and adapters.
• When the image is correctly focused, the center circle becomes full and the line between will be unbroken.
• The camera's AF points remain fully visible with focus characteristics that are suited to most lenses.
• Not recommended for use with slower lenses as the viewfinder will actually look darker than with the standard screen.
• Limited 2-Year Manufacturer Warranty
Features a Precision Matte surface, AF points remain fully visible, and focus characteristics suited to most lenses. This focusing screen features the matte field with a split image in the center dividing the subject in half horizontally for more accurate manual focusing. The focusing screen is flat with glossy and matte translucent surfaces, in which bring a split circle in middle as well as surrounding a ring field of micro-prism. When the image is correctly focused, the center circle becomes full and the line between will be unbroken, otherwise, the line will separate the circle into two halves. If you are using a manual focus lens, not satisfied with the accuracy of your AF lens or are using a lens mount adapter; this split screen is your best choice as it gives you a matte focusing surface that is easier to manually focus with. For the best results use an aperture of f/2.8 or faster. An Ideal purchase for users who frequently manually focus with faster lenses.
Back to Highlights
|Split Image Micro-Prism
|2.2 x 1.9 x 0.7 in (5.5 x 4.8 x 1.9 cm)
0.01 lb (0.2 oz)
|5 x 7.5 x 1.5 in (12.7 x 19.1 x 3.8 cm)
0.2 lb (3 oz)
• Nikon D40, D40x, D50, D60, D70 & D70s Cameras
• Not recommended for use with lenses slower than f/5.6. With these slower lenses, the viewfinder will actually look darker than with the original standard screen.
• First, take off the lens and open the lock on the focusing screen device. Then, remove the old focusing screen and put in the new focusing screen with a silicone tweezers. Note that the glossy surface faces towards the outside and the matt surface towards the pentaprism.
• Plastic case color may vary from color shown in product images.
• All pictures are for illustration purposes only. Actual product may vary slightly due to ongoing improvements in design.