• Compact and lightweight construction ideal for backpack photographers who would otherwise need to transport much heavier gear to photograph large vistas
• Connects a low cost camera sensor with a medium format lens for astonishing medium format photography at a fraction of the normal price
• Preview the composed image before taking the first shot with the built in Composition Screen
• Multiple exposures are in a linear array, perfect for flat-stitching to reduce distortion errors inherent in spherical stitching
• When the user upgrades their camera, the RhinoCam delivers even higher quality pictures
Canon EOS (EF, EF-S) Mount SLR Cameras - Popular models include:
1d/1ds, Mark II, III, IV, X, C, 5D, 5D Mark II/III, 7D, 10D, 20D, 30D, 40D, 50D, 60D, 60Da
Rebel xt, xti, xs, xsi, t1i, T2i, T3, T3i, T4, 300D, 350D, 400D, 450D, 500D, 550D, 1000D
The RhinoCam is a camera system that, for the first time in the digital age, puts the power of a medium format back into the hands of virtually any photographer. Utilizing the more affordable Canon EOS DSLR Digital camera sensor, RhinoCam enables photographers at any level to capture the dramatic detail and sharpness only available with a sensor three times larger than even a high-end full-frame 35mm sensor. The RhinoCam delivers stunning 140+ megapixel images while offering photographers their choice of low-cost sensor options and classic lenses.
Capable of creating dramatic 645 medium format images previously reserved for photographers working with expensive medium format back cameras, RhinoCam is ideal for landscape, commercial and architectural photographers seeking remarkably high resolution at a fraction of the cost. RhinoCam couples a Hasselblad V medium format lens with a Canon EOS (EF, EF-S) Mount SLR Camera. The built-in Composition Screen enables photographers to preview the composed shot. The lens remains firmly in place while the RhinoCam’s moving platform positions the sensor for multiple precisely-positioned exposures.
Rhino Cam offers a cost-effective alternative to full size medium format back options which cost 20 to 30 times more than most 35mm digital cameras. This innovative system makes it possible for photographers to achieve the high quality resolution, detail and sharpness found in images taken with medium format cameras, but for under $1,000.
After the capture process, it takes seconds to merge the multiple exposures into one larger image using automated stitching functions built into Adobe® Photoshop® and other software options. The result is a 645 medium format photograph that is well over four times the normal resolution of a high-end full-frame 35mm camera sensor.
• Due to the required Focal Flange Distance required to build the structure and still focus to infinity, only Hasselblad V mount lenses are available as a lens option
• This is a manual adapter, so lens functions that rely on electronic communication with the camera body (autofocus, AE metering, image stabilization, etc.) will be disrupted.
• Some cameras need to be set a certain way to work with our adapters or you may get a message such as 'Error Lens Not Attached - Check lens'. Please check the support articles on the Fotodiox Knowledge Base for possible solutions on a variety of camera brands.
• 'Focus-By-Wire' lenses (such as Canon's STM or Nikons AF-P) requires power to engage the manual focus rings on the lens, since manual lens mount adapters do not power the lens, those lenses will not be able to focus.
• Set your exposure manually or meter using your camera's Aperture Priority (stop-down) mode.
• If your lens does not have a manual aperture control ring, the lens aperture will revert to its default position, which depending on the lens is either stopped down to its largest f-stop or opened up to its smallest f-stop.
• To determine what the new 'Crop Factor' or 'Equivalent Focal Length' of the lens when used on your camera will be, please check the Fotodiox Knowledge Base article.
||Vizelex RhinoCam for Canon EOS (EF, EF-S) Mount SLR Camera Body
||Hasselblad V-Mount Lenses
All pictures are for illustration purposes only. Actual product may vary slightly due to ongoing improvements in design.