• Extreme macro close-up results; precise thread, 0.75 pitch size
• No optical insert - maintains lens optical quality while remaining lightweight
• All metal design with a smooth surface for effortless mount
• No electrical contacts; manual focusing, manual or aperture priority mode needed
• Limited 2-Year Manufacturer Warranty
Fotodiox Reverse Mount Adapter Ring is made of premium grade aluminum. The lens can be solidly mounted on the camera in reverse direction for incredible macro photography. The Macro Reverse Ring works with all Sony E-mount camera bodies. Any lens with a filter thread, not just Sony E lenses, will fit on the thread side of the adapter (expandable with step-up or step-down rings as needed), enabling you to convert almost any lens into a macro lens at a fraction of the cost while maintaining its original optical quality. For example, you can fit a Nikon lens with 52mm thread on a Sony E mount camera. This means you can now get macro performance without needing to switch to a specialized lens and you will retain all the normal benefits of your optic when the macro function is not in use. Because no other optical components are added with this ring, the image preserves the original optical properties of the lens. This is an affordable and simple way to turn your existing lenses into an inexpensive macro lens.
Back to Highlights
||Hardened Anodized Aluminum
||Sony Alpha E-Mount MILC Camera Body
||4 x 8 x 1 in (10.2 x 20.3 x 2.5 cm) @ 0.2 lb (3 oz)
Sony Alpha E-Mount MILC Cameras - Popular models include:
• Sony Alpha α7/7R/7S, α7/7R/7S II, α7/7R/7S III, α9
• Sony Alpha a5000, a5100, a6000,a6300, a6500
• Sony Alpha NEX-3, NEX-5/5N/5R/5T, NEX-6, NEX-7, NEX-C3, NEX-F3
• It will take some experimentation with various lens lengths to come to a agreeable magnification and focusing range for your setup.
• This is a manual connection, so lens functions that rely on electronic communication with the camera body (autofocus, AE metering, image stabilization, etc.) will be disrupted.
• 'Focus-By-Wire' lenses (such as Canon's STM or Nikons AF-P) requires power to engage the manual focus rings on the lens, since manual lens mount adapters do not power the lens, those lenses will not be able to focus.
• Set your exposure manually or meter using your camera's Aperture Priority (stop-down) mode.
• If your lens does not have a manual aperture control ring, the lens aperture will revert to its default position, which depending on the lens is either stopped down to its largest f-stop or opened up to its smallest f-stop.
All pictures are for illustration purposes only. Actual product may vary slightly due to ongoing improvements in design.