Whether you're shooting digitally or on film, Fotodiox offers the world's largest selection of lens adapters. Certain prime lens just can't be replaced, and you save the cost of purchase on new lenses. Mix camera/lens platforms or reinvigorate vintage glass; Fotodiox has hundreds of ways to mount lenses onto your DSLR or SLR camera. Our adapters deliver infinity focus, manual aperture control, and a sturdy build for lasting quality.
The adapter is designed to offer an inexpensive system that allows for the use of a vast range of lenses. This adapter system is particularly useful for mounting tilt/shift and other specialty lenses not available in the native format to the entire range of cameras, providing for an inexpensive alternative for photographers and videographers alike.
Sometimes you need more than a simple adapter to mount a lens onto a camera - you need real power. Seize control over the electronic features of your lenses with a FUSION lens adapter. This adapter enables EXIF and aperture data to be transmitted to and controlled by the camera. Continuous and Full auto focus are also supported in video mode, but results will vary depending on the age and type of Canon lens you use.
The FUSION technology built into the adapter enables electronic communication between mixed lens and camera platforms. FUSION adapters enable auto focus, aperture control, image stabilization, and more. Although the adapter will allow you to mount any Canon EF lens, not all lenses will perform the same. Lens firmware, focusing motors, and age of lens will all affect the speed, reliability and accuracy of the adapter.
The Vizelex ND Throttle is well known for having a built-in variable neutral density filter that offers 2 to 8 stops of light reduction. This concept in adapters has been praised by film makers and now Fotodiox has optimized the adapter for that same crowd. The new Vizelex Cine ND Throttle now feature a geared rotating ring for more precise ND selections and can be used with follow focus accessories. This small change makes the Vizelex Cine ND Throttle a versatile tool for any video shooter.
The Vizelex Cine ND Throttle reduces light transmission by two stops when at its 'Min' position. The adapter helps maintain shallow depth of field in bright conditions while eliminating the tedious process of changing filters every time the exposure changes. With the filter positioned in the rear, image quality is better than if the same filter were mounted on the front of a lens. The variable ND filter is made from optical polycarbonate (CR39) for clarity and durability.
Fotodiox employs Professional Photographers in every aspect of development and design to create products that are built to last. The Pro line of adapters is crafted to withstand the rigors and demands of the professional photographer. Our adapters are manufactured with precise tolerances, providing a solid, gap free, no wiggle connection for stress free use. No adjustments needed! Fotodiox adapters are meant to be taken off and put back on your camera as much as needed while remaining as precise as the day you bought them.
Fotodiox Pro adapters feature all-metal, no plastic construction to create a secure connection between your glass and camera that will not degrade over time, keeping the lens-camera connection secure with every use. We use chrome plated brass mounts for enhanced durability and reliability. All Fotodiox products are backed by our 24-month Fotodiox Manufacturer Warranty.
• FUSION auto capabilities are designed specifically for D/SLR Photographic lenses and although Cinema and/or Broadcast style lenses may physically fit the mount, electronic capabilities may or may not function depending on the lens used.
• Autofocus may be disabled for older Canon lenses and some third-party lenses (Sigma, Tamron and Tokina lenses).
• Third party lenses like Sigma or Tamron lenses have more issues with auto focus.
• Auto Focus can be slow or even not function with varied model lenses and even different lenses of same model.
• Longer focal length lenses tend to have more issues with auto focus with the auto adapter.
• Not all Canon compatible lenses work equally well, dependent on: internal lens motors, firmware versions, lens age, etc
• Continuous AF and video AF are not supported as performance may be unsatisfactory.
• Switching between image and video can cause camera to freeze.
• Switching f-stops in video mode can cause white flashes in video.
• Certain video modes can cause the camera to freeze.