A manual lens needs to be focused manually; Think again! The Fotodiox Pro PRONTO adapter brings autofocus to your Leica M-mount lenses. If you want to automatically focus your M-mount lenses on your Sony e-mount camera just attach it to the PRONTO adapter. For general use, it is recommended that the lens be set to infinity focus allowing autofocus within the entire focusing range of the lens. Half-press the shutter button to activate AF and the PRONTO adapter will focus your lens just like any other AF lens. Performance is optimal with 50mm and wider lenses. Telephoto optics with require coarse manual focusing before use of the adapter for fine tuning via autofocus.
Improve close focusing with the Fotodiox Pro PRONTO adapter by attaching your lens and setting to the closest focus distance possible. This setup will allow you to use the PRONTO adapter as a 4.5mm extension tube with autofocus capabilities that will significantly shorten the minimum focus distance of your lens. The wider the lens, the stronger the effect will be.
The PRONTO adapter has a Leica M-mount, but the options don’t stop there. With the use of additional adapters you are able to adapt nearly any lens to Leica M, attach to the PRONTO adapter and enable them to be used with autofocus. Not all adapters will work due to size limitations imposed by the motor housing of the PRONTO adapter. Click here to see a list of compatible adapters for the PRONTO adapter.
Compatible with the Phase Detection autofocus (PDAF) system on the a7 II, a7R II, a9, a6300, and a6500. This adapter will support both AF-S and AF-C focusing modes, face detection and up to 5-axis stabilization on supported cameras. Decreasing the focus area comes with a significant reduction in speed and may produce some focus hunting. Using any cameras with only Contrast Detection Autofocus (CDAF) is NOT recommended (i.e. Sony NEX, a6000, Sony a7, Sony a7R, Sony a7S, Sony a7Sii, etc).
• The PRONTO adapter supports AF-S and AF-C focusing. You can change the Focus Area from Wide to Center or Flexible Spot (S/M/L). Decreasing the focus area comes with a significant reduction in speed and may produce some focus hunting. Face detection is also supported.
• Please note that the PRONTO adapter has a weight limit of 680g (1.5lbs) for the attached lens. Although this is difficult to exceed with M-mount lenses, it is easy to surpass when using a second adapter on SLR and Medium Format lenses. In house testing and consumer reporting has shown success when supporting the lens instead of the lighter camera.
• The motor, which changes the length of the PRONTO adapter, will make some noise; this is normal. This noise is minimal and should not be a hindrance in most situations.
• If the adapter seems slow to respond, disassemble the lens and adapter. Clean both sides of the adapter's signal contacts with technical grade alcohol. Allow to completely dry before re-assembly.
• In bright lighting situations the adapter focuses nearly as fast as a native AF lens however, in lower light the autofocus slows significantly.
• The PRONTO adapter may slowly drain your camera battery even when the camera is turned off. To prevent this issue when the camera is not in use simply remove the battery briefly and insert it again.
• The weight limit for attached lenses is specified to be 680g or less. Using lenses with a greater weight may result in extra strain on both the motor and the mount.
• This is a manual adapter, so lens functions that rely on electronic communication with the camera body (autofocus, AE metering, image stabilization, etc.) will be disrupted.
• 'Focus-By-Wire' lenses (such as Canon's STM or Nikons AF-P) requires power to engage the manual focus rings on the lens, since manual lens mount adapters do not power the lens, those lenses will not be able to focus.
• Set your exposure manually or meter using your camera's Aperture Priority (stop-down) mode.
• If your lens does not have a manual aperture control ring, the lens aperture will revert to its default position, which depending on the lens is either stopped down to its largest f-stop or opened up to its smallest f-stop.
All pictures are for illustration purposes only. Actual product may vary slightly due to ongoing improvements in design.
Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.